Dear family and friends,
This morning was an unusual morning in which I was not needed at work until 11 am instead of 9 am. I thus took the opportunity to turn off my alarm and stay in bed until such time as I chose to quit it. Which unfortunatlly was when the phone rang to remind me about my 8 am dentist appointment the next Monday. *Curses* I may not have budged until much later.
Upon arising my thoughts were turned to a conversation I had had with my dear sister Johanna. We had been discussing grilled cheese sandwiches. Because of this discussion I had made sure to procure all ingredients for this delicious sandwich the day before. I then proceeded to make the preparations for it. The bacon was fried until crispy and the apples were sliced thinly. The cheese was also cut and the inside of the bread was spread with mustard. Once all the ingredients were prepared the sandwich was assembled and cooked. I then cut it on the diagonal, which is my favorite way to have a sandwich, and began eating. I was filled with the most pleasant of satisfaction. My only concern was that the mustard may have been to strong.
Because of the lateness of my arising I was unable to finish this delectable goodie. At upon writing this, the other half of it is still sitting on it's plate in the kitchen.
This note now must come to an end. I wish you all joy and happiness.
Your most kind daughter, sister, aunt, and friend, etc.,
Annamarie
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like my kind of morning. So, do you put the apples on your grilled cheese with bacon or were those simply side items?
I am glad you asked. Those were all on the sandwich. It as a recipe off the food network my tyler florence. It really was good. Johanna didn't like the green apples so it tried the gala. I would try it next time I make it with the green one.
Post a Comment